Thursday, November 5, 2015

What if he doesn't give me butterflies?

If I say love, what comes to your mind? Naps, butterflies in your stomach, racing hearts, nicknames only you and your partner think are cute. But what happens if that doesn't come first? Does that mean it's not meant to be?
It's funny how we can confuse love for warm fuzzy feelings. Don't get me wrong, I love naps with my whole heart because I get to cuddle with my fuzzy Spider-Man blanket. But when it comes to a person, there is so much more. 
If you think of your girlfriend or boyfriend, husband or wife, it's not always pretty and fuzzy, like my Spider-Man blanket, huh? There are rough times. And in those rough times is when you really start to love someone. 
YOU WANT THEM TO GROW.
 Maybe grow up because they're being a brat in that moment. But mostly you want the person that you love dearly to become better. 
PROGRESS.
You care and love them on a deeper level. When you get to this point you realize the butterflies don't really matter because your love for this person isn't shallow and just rushing hormones. 
Don't get me wrong, those butterflies will still be there! I mean, who isn't excited  to see the person they love? But they won't be the most important aspect of your relationship. 
When we love someone so much and we want to see them grow spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically. (I heard post marriage weight stuff is real guys!) That is when we realize we have found the person we should be with for all eternity. And that is when we are able to see this person for their potential. In my case, the potential to be a worthy priesthood holder and provider for a family. When we see someone the way Father in heaven does, there is nothing that could break that bond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment