Saturday, December 12, 2015

Here's to you, dad


Man oh man are fathers important! I am so grateful that I grew up with one.
My father has always been the main provider in my family. He has always been my example of a hard worker. He has never let big, or small, things get in the way of providing for his family. He has not only been a provider financially, but he has provided for my family spiritually and emotionally. I have always been attached to my dad. He was always there to offer me advice, hugs, and his unconditional love. I can not imagine my life without my father. My mother is very important to me as well, but my father was able to give the protective kind of love. It is something I am glad I didn't grow up without.

It makes no sense to me when people say a father figure isn't necessary in a child's life. That is not true. He may not be necessary to be a financial provider. But he IS needed for the emotional aspect. Fathers, just like mothers, have a special bond and connection with their children. Only fathers have the ability to fulfill certain needs. If we cut them out of the picture completely, there is no way, not even with all of the love a mother has, the need of a protective father figure can be met.
Oh, and here's a couple pictures of my amazing dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment