Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Mawage


So here's the thing, I have no idea what it's like to be married, or what will happen after I get married and the trials my husband and I will face. What I do know, it that there will be MANY changes to my reunite and way of living. So how do I adjust?

Here are three things to remember

1. A PROMISE WAS MADE. Like the clergyman from The Princess Bride puts it, it is a blessed arrangement. How sweet is that?! Remembering that you made a promise to the person you adore, to love, support, and encourage them. Don't forget they made that same promise to you! To me, there is nothing that makes me happier than to remember how excited I am to make that promise with my fiance. Not only do you make this promise to your spouse, but to God. Promising Him that you will be faithful to the commandments He has given you and faithful to your spouse. Just think about that for a hot second. 

2. COMMUNICATION IS KEY! I am not too sure why people don't like to talk about the things that bother them, but it is 110% important! How will your spouse ever know that something is bothering you if you don't tell them? May I also add, that this should be done in a calm and loving manner. Not when you've had enough and are the maddest you've ever been. Tell them what's bothering you, negotiate, fix it, and kiss it better. 

3. YOU MARRIED YOUR BEST FRIEND. Right? I don't know about y'all, but there is no way I can be mad at my best friend for more than 15 minutes. Mostly because he tries to make me laugh whenever I get mad. Or tries his hardest to make me happy. When we marry our best friend, we are marring our number one fan. The person that wants us to be better than we were yesterday. If we think about that goof that we decided to marry however long ago, we will remember that they are not purposely trying to make us mad. And are more than happy and willing to make us happy. 

So I may not be married, but I like to apply these things with my fiance. And trust me, our relationship has been strengthened by remembering these things. It has worked for us and I hope it works for whomever decides to read this post. If it does, i'd LOVE to know! If it doesn't, help me learn how I can fix my theory!  

ALL IN ALL

tweasure your wuv

No comments:

Post a Comment