Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Physical Intimacy

I don't want to talk about the actual act. But the beauty behind it. How much symbolism it has and what it really mean. And why IT IS NOT a recreational activity. But something special between a husband and a wife. 
Lets take a look at this from 2 perspectives. Science and religion

SCIENCE
When we are physical with someone there are three chemicals that are released serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin. All of these chemicals are used for bonding. So if you are physical with someone your brain says, "Hey! You should really like them right about now." And they're right! In the moment you do. But what about after? Now there is this void and we don't know how to fix it. So then someone else comes around, and you do something physical and your brain gets all excited and releases the same hormones bonding you once again. Then the void comes back. This is a constant cycle. We CAN NOT control the hormones that our brain releases. So we will always feel a void, even if we are very satisfied in the moment. This, my friends is how addictions are formed. A need to fill a void.

RELIGION
It's plain and simple, we are to wait until we marry the person we love. But why? Well, as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I believe that I make a covenant with my husband, but also with God. If I can not follow His commandment, how can I be true to my husband if I can't be true to my Father in Heaven? We are given the chance to create life. Something so beautiful and so sacred. And when it is with someone that we love and want to spend our life with, I know it will be wonderful. Not in a crude way, but because I know that it is not just an act for us, but a way to become closer, bond. 

Physical intimacy is in no way a bad thing. But it should be done in the right circumstances, within the bonds of marriage, and with the desire to become closer to your spouse. Then, you will never have a void. But a happy marriage and a strong bond between you and your spouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment